[jawsscripts] Virtual cursor active in the script manager?

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:06:42 +1000

Hi all,

I have just upgraded from Jaws version 8 to version 10.0.1154.

One of the issues I am having, is that in the script manager it is ignoring
the textUnitRules that worked so well in version 8.

On investigating this, I found that in the script manager the virtual cursor
is active.  That is, on pressing Alt-delete, it reports that the virtual
cursor is the active cursor.

I have tried disabling my settings via the manage Application settings
dialog, but the virtual cursor remains persistently active, even after a
full reboot.

- the other issues are that from time to time,  the wrong voice will be
used, especially when Alt tabbing between apps, and the wrong cursor will
sometimes be active in other applications, but these are intermittent, while
the virtual cursor is always active in the script manager.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can anyone advise of a fix?

With thanks in advance...

Regards,
Paul from Aust