[jawsscripts] Re: Scripting A Button customer Graphic Label

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:21:28 +1000

couple things.

1. can't you set graphics to, labelled, rather than all or none, then just
label the graphics you actually need jaws to be able to find onscreen such
that you eliminate the extraneous annoying information of unlabelled
graphics?

2. why don't you just use hsc to click it assigned to a hotkey?  and, if the
graphic/spot is static, you can not bother with the built in hsc findGraphic
feature, but, if it's dynamic, then you obviously will need to utilize that,
by starting the spot creation wizard, with ControlShiftAlt G,rather than
ControlShiftAltA.

3. Finding graphic labels onScreen is, in my view, rather dodgey with jaws,
and doesn't at all work very reliably in my limited experience.
Doesn't mean it never works, but it's certainly not a sureFire reliable
method/function in my view.

Note that with hsc, if for example, the same exact graphic is used to
actually carry out multiple functions, such that the one label appears
several times, if push comes to shove and you really need to, you can seek
to utilize what hsc refers to in the hotspot definition editor, as
GraphicCount=
so, if this particular graphic, for example, is, say, the 5th graphic with
an identical label from the top of the screen, (i.e. if you set it to search
from top down, which of course you can alter to bottom up if your graphic is
closer to the bottom,)
then you could manually set that graphicCount=
feature, to 5, and it should, go to that 5th occurrance and click that.  if
the video OSM is such that it's non-corrupted enough to do that, which as I
say above, is not at all a given/reliable.  but, the tools are there for
mucking around with should it prove helpful.