[jawsscripts] Re: GetJawsSettingsDirectory

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:47:20 -0400

Hi David,

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking.  The purpose of
those two functions is to eliminate the need for the script you write to
know or care if it is running on XP or Vista or off of a server.

Keep in mind that they return just the path portion without a trailing
backslash "\" and not the file name.  Additionally, the backslash is
normally used to indicate non printing characters like "\r" for return or
"\t" for a tab character.  Therefore, in these file path strings, you must
use a double backslash to make it work properly.
let sPath = GetJAWSSettingsDirectory ()
Let sfile = "notepad.exe"
Let sFullPath = sPath + "\\" + sFile
Don Marang