[jawsscripts] GetJawsSettingsDirectory

  • From: "David Pinto" <davepinto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:03:00 -0700

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for asking the following question.
Never the less, I have a question about the 2 functions,
GetJawsSettingsDirectory, which
returns the path to the user's settings directory, and
GetSharedJawsSettingsDirectory, which returns the path to the shared
settings directory. I have a set of scripts (TypeAbility) that are installed
into the UsersSettingsDirectory, and the scripts use both of the above
functions. The scripts are being installed in school environments with
networked computers. My questions are the following.
1. If a computer is on a network, and JAWS is installed on the Server,
including its SharedSettings, would using GetSharedJawsSettingsDirectory on
a client, show the path to the directory on the server? Normally, for
instance, on a stand alone computer with XP, that function would return
something like the following. C;\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\FreedomScientific\Jaws\10.0\Settings\Enu. So, again,
if the JAWS shared settings are on the server, would
GetSharedJawsSettingsDirectory return the path to the server's JAW'S shared
settings?
2. If the function GetSharedJawsSettingsDirectory does not return a path
that points to the server, would using that path on a client, result in it
being automatically re directed to the server's shared settings folder?

Any enlightment on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Pinto
YesAccessible