[jaws-uk] Re: various problems

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:44:02 -0000

Hi Paul,

I'd suggest three things to begin with.  Do the following
with nothing else running except JAWS.

First, clear out the contents of the TEMP (Temporary Files)
folder(s).  You may find there is one in the root c:\temp,
and possibly another c:\windows\temp.

Second, clear out the Recycle Bin.  (Even though the next
process will do it also)

Third, perform a Disk Cleanup to get rid of other
unnecessary files such as Temporary Internet files, etc.

You might also consider doing a Defrag to generally tidy up
the disk.

If nothing else, you might see an improvement in general
performance.

If at all possible, and I appreciate this may need sighted
help, try and find out if there are any error messages with
details appearing which might give us a clue as to what
program is actually causing the error.

George.