[jaws-uk] Update confusion

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:30:25 +0100

Dear List, I am aware it is the second Wednesday of the month and later updates may come in, I am set to get them automatically.

However I am being offered jaws updates by my laptop when with Jaws standard 9 plus its addon's it now wants to give me Daisy Vista updates, I am not using Vista, also I see laptop has stopped saying it is working in forty minute mode but in the Jaws Specific folder Outlook express claims messages are all unread, not my In box, additionally it wants to offer Office Version 7 when I have Office 2002, is this a free update please? finally my Desktop is not offering anything but Adobe flash player, I have declined this before since I think George or Tristram said it was no good, but I think views on this list are mixed on this topic. so sorry to fling a bundle of queries at you but it would help if you can clue me in Dorothy