[jaws-uk] Possible help for George Bell.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:03:00 -0000

Hi George and all,

I've just accidentally come across a situation which may explain, and
perhaps help you see how some folks are not getting unsubscribed after
replying to that original post you put out.

It's all to do with spam filters I reckon. I've just seen a couple of
spams in my junk folder here, and I've got the Mcafee programme running
on the Outlook 2000 mail exchange server. One was from an Ian Grant
wishing to be unsubscribed...

I also happened to go look at webmail for my wife and I, for my home
pc's which are setup with BT's spam guard plus, where suspected spam is
placed in a Bulk folder for later deletion. This also places the senders
address into the block senders list, and I happened to see five messages
up there from authentic jaws uk members.

So, if you have a similar system where you perhaps aren't seeing what
your filters are classing as junk or spam, well there may be some
explanation to those grumpy folks who keep nagging you to take them off
the list.

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Switchboard.
Edinburgh College of Art.