[jaws-uk] Re: MapyI Compliant?

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:39:18 +0100

Hi,

1.  Email clients are like Outlook, Eudora, The Bat, PmMail, etc.  They
are all different programs for reading your email, all act differently,
and all have their strengths and weaknesses.  My advice is to stick with
what you know and love!

2.  MAPI - Message Application programming interface - is a
communications medium to send and receive email, developed by Microsoft.
A MAPI complient program will allow access to mail folders etc in in
programs such as Outlook etc.  Kurzweil uses this to send email etc
where required.  MAPI complient doesn't necessarily mean compatability
with Jaws.

3.  Message rules - depending on how the rule is set up, if the rule is
set up to filter based on the subject of the message, and if you sent
the message onto the lady with the same subject, when she replies the
reply will contain the [jaws-uk] part of the subject, and will possibly
go into the relevant folder.

Hth, happy easter.
Andrew.