[jaws-uk] Re: Keystrokes Please?!

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:15:59 -0000

Hi Mark,

1. I've only just started using JAWS 8 (was using 7 before) and am using Word 2003 rather than 2007 so I might be missing something, but I've not been aware of/not made use of pressing Enter to change the spelling in the spellchecker. I've just tried it and it didn't seem to work so I'll tell you what I do: if the first suggested replacement is the one you want to use, press Alt c which activates the change button. If it isn't what you want to use, tab to the listbox of suggested replacements, cursor down till you hear the one you want to use, then press Alt c.

2. For changing the time go to Start Menu-Settings-Control Panel-Date And Time. Go to the Date and Time page, and adjust the time in there. Also if you go to the Time Zone page of the same dialog, there's a checkbox saying "Automatically Adjust clock for daylight saving changes" which you can check and then you shouldn't have to manually change the time next time.

Catherine
----- Original Message ----- From: "mark.scrase" <mark.scrase@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>