[jaws-uk] Re: Installing scanner software.

  • From: Martin Dudley <dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:27:03 +0100

Hi

Sounds like your scanner drivers or indeed the scanner itself are not compatible with Vista. I suggest you search the scanner or Microsoft site to see if there are drivers up there which are compatible.

Martin

Sue Morgan recently said:-

Hi.

I'm using the latest version of Jaws with Vista.  I'm trying to install my scanning software.  It's for a cannon scanner and I'm having some difficulty.  I put the CD into the drive.  It spins as normal.  I select run set up.  The CD stops spinning and then nothing happens after that.  Jaws doesn't say anything so I'm wondering where to go from here.

Please can anyone tell me what to try next?  I've tried tabbing round to a next button but there's nothing there.

I'd be grateful for any help as I've recently changed my computer and I thought that putting the scanning software on my new machine would be a doddle.

Sue.
E-mail sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Live Messenger sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype suemorgan1006
Mobile 07968825286

Virus Database (VPS): 081021-0, 21/10/2008
Tested on: 21/10/2008 19:07:58
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq