[jaws-uk] BT Broadband problems Babera.

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:45:29 -0000

Dear Barbara,
 I did not realise you were in Northern Ireland, but if you recall George
said  not to phone BT Broad but after the weekend to phone the normal BT
faults line  in Uk it is free phone 150 you have to press when asked the
right button for faults you will not finish up in an Indian call centre,
they may want to  run a test automatically by asking you to leave you Tel.
number and of course if they  see you have any kind of connection they will
say it Ok.
 Ignore all this and  insist on speaking to an Engineer.

 I have done this so many times I can't count. every time we have  heavy
rain my line gets dodgy.. If they send an Engineer complain  bitterly ask
him if he is outsourced. ask him how far you are from the call centre. grill
him about what they have been up to in your neck of the woods.
 He if it is like here will be  working for BT but outsourced. Finally
threaten to write to the Chairman and if you have a few lousy shares in Bt.
threaten to sell them also. I know this sounds a bit tough but do it. If you
are registered Blind you will have something called "total care!  tell them
you want your total care. In essence this means of course that if your line
dies, they have to fix it  with so many hours. Good Luck.  Dorothy Ps If
others also have had problems  all of you do the same.