[j-say list] Re: a problem

  • From: "Ed. Rosenthal" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:56:50 -0700

Hina- there are a number of reasons that you might be seeing an undue delay
when using the J-Say technology so let me suggest some things to look at:

1.  In the Dragon Options dialogue on the Miscellaneous tab you will find a
slider about the middle of the dialogue window, this allows you to move
towards faster response or more accuracy.  We almost always move this all
the way to the left for a speedier response for our clients.  It does not
seem to have an observable impact upon ultimate accuracy.

2.  It is feasible that your system is and hearing the user well, and you
can test this by using the playback functionality. dictate some text and ask
the system to playback; if the wave file is clear this is not an issue, if
the wave file is murky then perhaps this is a problem.

3.  The system may be "short on memory"; and/or need a reboot.

4.  Do you find an observable difference in response between different
commands or command types?

-ed.