[j-say list] Re: Fatal Error while installing J-Say

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:58:08 -0500

Hi, Ed,

Thanks for asking.

Nope. I Googled the error message, and tried installing from the command prompt as was suggested in a couple of places. No joy! Dos did say 'administrator', and I took off so much anti-virus software that I am getting warnings about no virus protection; and still the same error.

Pace suggested trying the install on another computer. the only machine where I have administrator rights is this one, which has the wrong JAWS serial number. Can I install Dragon 11.5 on more than one computer? I can swap serial numbers, but I would also have to remove all my JAWS personal files, right? Or, if they're only in JAWS 13, can I leave it alone and just cleanly install JAWS 12?

This is way more adventure than I was wishing for.

Ann