[iyonix-support] Re: nvidia dont seem to make a fx5200??

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:05:30 +0100
On 16 Oct 2006, David Thomas wrote:
> Roger Darlington wrote:
>> Looking at the Nvidia website, Nvidea dont seem to make an FX5200 any
>> longer. Is it obsolete??
>>
>> They make a N6200, which someone said was compatible with ROM 5.12.
>>
>> Does anyone know the differences between the fx5200 and the fx6200?
>>
>> I cannot compare the specs using Nvidias website, since the 5200
>> doesn't seem to exist/
>
> A handy reference is Wikipedia's comparison of nVidia GPUs:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_NVIDIA_Graphics_Processing_Units

Hmm - I'm even more puzzled now.

There are two 5200s and four 6200s from which to chose.

Output sockets aren't mentioned in Wiki?

I think I need a card with dual output DVi (because 1 output cannot do
more than 1900x1200 graphics and I already use 2048x1536). [I know - I
can't use dual output DVi until Castle have written something to
enable this, I beleive].

HDMI output would also be useful, but not essential.

But because the DVi drivers aren't ready yet, I really also need
15-pin VGA sovket output as well.

So, I think I want the 6200TC??

Or, which one do I want for the above, bearing in mind I need a 350MHz
pixel rate, dual output DVi and 15-pin VGA?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

Time waits for no-one; except the man on the Black Hole Event Horizon.