[iyonix-support] Re: Which way pyjamas?

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:32:45 GMT

In message <2454494.037136-tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart) wrote:

> In the Iyonix video fault, which way do the pyjama stripes go?
>
> Vertically or horizontal?

I have never experienced horizontal, even when I didn't use Geminus.

I still get vertical stripes very occasionally, but never on the right
hand screen and IIRC, it hasn't happened when I kick-up the Iyonix since
I got into the habit of pressing the elliptical button, count up to 2
then the circular one.
I regret to admit that I only use 'Shutdown' when I've finished - so the
screens are both blank but 'on' when-ever I start work.

IIRC, I only ever have problems if, after something freezes and alt+brk
fails, I've resorted to Ctrl+Brk.

Then it's a complete lottery,
a) pyjamas left and blank right, (never the other way)
b) OK left and micro pyjamas superimposed upon a narrow version of a complete
screen horizontally repeated across the right hand one
c) a very basic mode on either screen with the other screen, black.
d) perfection.

--
BW Chris F.
[ British Iyonix, RISC OS 5.13 & A9 ]