[iyonix-support] Re: Which way pyjamas?

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:09:03 +0100

In message <b68638684f.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Barry J <barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <d4eb2d684f.JCCArc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           J C Conner <jcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <9a5225684f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>      Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Always horizontal here, but a lot less since 5.13
>>>

>> Curious. On the odd occasion they appear here, they are black and
>> white vertical bars of near enough equal width.

> Always vertical with quite a variation of colour combinations. It
> rarely occurs, and only if the room temperature is below 16 deg C.

> I have only been seeing it since the mother board on my Iyonix was
> replaced last year. I had not seen it at all before that on my early
> 2003 Iyonix with all versions of OS including 5.13.

I have seen horizontal (very rare) and vertical stripes on my Iyo.

The Vertical stripes occur when starting up from cold. The work around
which has never failed is to press the power-on button and almost
immediately press the reset.

If there is a delay of more than two seconds between pressing the two
buttons the stripes sometimes occur.

My Iyo has had the pyjamas since the beginning. Last year I bought the
new graphics card hoping it might fix the stripes. It didn't, in fact,
if anything, they are worse. When they occur now I have to power-off
as the reset button does not cure the problem as it did before I
changed the card.

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk