[iyonix-support] Re: Which way pyjamas?

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:02:24 GMT

In message <6709c4684f.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[snip]

> I have seen horizontal (very rare) and vertical stripes on my Iyo.

> The Vertical stripes occur when starting up from cold. The work around
> which has never failed is to press the power-on button and almost
> immediately press the reset.

> If there is a delay of more than two seconds between pressing the two
> buttons the stripes sometimes occur.

> My Iyo has had the pyjamas since the beginning. Last year I bought the
> new graphics card hoping it might fix the stripes. It didn't, in fact,
> if anything, they are worse. When they occur now I have to power-off
> as the reset button does not cure the problem as it did before I
> changed the card.

John

Have you had all the hardware mods done on your Iyonix?

I used to get issues when starting from cold but once i had the
hardware/firmware mods done by Castle it has been fine.

Thanks

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.