[iyonix-support] Re: USB2 on 5.16

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 06:51:53 +0000 (GMT)

In article <119a08591002261553i7630cb9ep6d1e7d75e16a846@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Gavin Smith <gvnsth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> My Iyonix runs RO 5.16 and uses the latest HardDisc4 image (and clean
> !Boot) from ROOL. When I look at !USBInfo 0.54, it shows three USB
> hubs - the first one is USB2, the other two are USB1. However, no
> matter what port I plug a device into, the USB2 hub never seems to get
> used. My understanding is that USB2 support is now in ROM. Can anyone
> shed any light on this?

There are two physical hubs in the Iyonix. The USB2 hub is a virtual one.
Any devices that are USB2 capable will show under the USB2 hub regardless
of which physical USB port they are plugged into.

If you were to plug in an external hub, as long as that is USB2 capable
the same rules apply. If you plug a USB2 capable device into a USB1
external hub then it will only run at USB1 speeds.

> Possibly unrelated but I've noticed that for my USB keyboard and mouse
> to both work at power-on, I have to have one on a back port and one on
> the front. If I have both on the back, only one works - both will work
> fine if I unplug the non-working device and plug it back in. I
> remember reading about this years ago but wondered if someone could
> clarify if there is a fix or just a "quirk" - it's no big deal.

Try running !USBKick (see sig.) as part of your boot sequence.

There are a few mice that stop working if you happen to move them while
the device information is being read. I have a Belkin mouse that exhibits
this problem so I stopped using it.

HTH,
Ian

--