[iyonix-support] Re: Slow uploading

  • From: John Leeming <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:38:14 +0100

dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you had a good reason not to upgrade from 5.03, please let
> us examine it and see if it's still valid.  The chances are
> that any bug that affected you has been fixed long ago.

The story is as follows:

I bought a 5.11 upgrade some years ago. When I came to install it, I got as
far as the requirement to obtain an authorisation code from Castle, but the
system failed to recognise that my computer was registered (even though I
had received the email confirmation to confirm it!), and I couldn't get any
further. My working life was such that I didn't have the time/energy to sort
it out then, and since 5.03 was working perfectly for all my uses, I didn't
bother.

I now don't know where my 5.11 is, and I understand that 5.16 can't be
flashed directly on to 5.03. Again, it's all about the time I need to invest
to sort it out.

If there is a quick solution, I'd be delighted to upgrade.

Thanks for your interest.

John Leeming.