[iyonix-support] Slow uploading

My setup is one Iyonix running RISCOS 5.03 and two PCs running Windows XP,
ethernet hard-wired via an ADSL2 router connected to the outside world by BT
line.

My normal broadband speeds are about 7M download and 500k upload. In the
past week or so I've noticed a dramatic slowdown in upload speed on all
computers, but the download remains the same. By dramatic I mean speed not
much more than zero - 10, 20 or 30K, perhaps, if I'm lucky.

However, if I shut down (but not switch off or disconnect) the Iyonix, the
upload speed on the PCs go back to normal. As soon as the Iyonix is switched
on again, the updoad speed drops dramatically. It can easily take 10 minutes
to upload a 1MB file.

The file transfer speeds (via the router) from Iyonix to PCs and vice-versa
seem normal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

John Leeming.