[iyonix-support] Re : Re: keyboard

  • From: Gonzalo Meza <gonzalo_meza@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:26:28 +0000 (GMT)

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
À : iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé le : Dimanche, 9 Mars 2008, 17h39mn 03s
Objet : [iyonix-support] Re: keyboard

In a dim and distant universe <2e345e7d4f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:
[Snippety snip]

>> The best solution in your case is to set this option to Netherlands and
>> override just the keyboard by adding an obey file containing *Keyboard
>> USA to !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk (slightly more appropriate than John's
>> suggestion of putting it into Tasks, though that would work as well).

>Is this the kind of thing which might be useful to people, to add to my
>MiscSetup boot plugin??

Yes!  I kind of had the same problem (French kbd, but hated having half of the
OS/programs in French and the rest in English - now it is all straight English,
but with the French keyboard).