[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 website upgrade failure

  • From: Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:39:23 +0200

[the odd snip]

> Some suggestion from this Customer Panel of one:
>
> 1. Announce upgrades to your customers via the established mechanisms
Absolutely true.

> 2. Use a payment system which can be used on RISC OS browsers
Well that is not easy since whatever http viewer (I don't really think
you'd want to call them apps browsers anymore due to the problems when
using them in the internet) you look at. But on the other hand they
might have asked Spelling.net since that solution does work like a
treat - so it is possible!

We should simply refuse to buy unless it works with RISC OS :-)

> 3. Test your website to destruction ...
I hope they did test the ROM to destruction...

> 4. Launch such things online when there will be someone on hand
Absolutely!

> 5. You have an automated upgrade mechanism. Use it. Now I have paid, your
> upgrade mechanism should automatically do the rest.
Good idea...

> 6. Lose phone system which says lines are busy when you are closed
Glad I never called there (would be too expensive from Germany anyhow)

> 7. Many use Froogle .. pricing on the graphics card.
Or consider non UK residents for whom a purchase in their home country
is preferrable for shipping cost and guarantee handling. Thus a detailed
list of cards supported would be nice.

8. Outline the benefits of the upgrade!
For those having USB2 and not planning a nVidia upgrade what are the
benefits to get and the ones to expect when parting with UKP 69?

9. Offer for USB2 customers
Most IYONIX users are probably happy to pay for an upgrade but lack of
even a small price reduction (and be it introductionary) is strange...

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.