[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 website upgrade failure

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:38:52 +0100

In article <b5cfdf754e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message of 14 Oct, Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <snip>

> > 4. Launch such things online when you are certain that for a few days
> > there will be someone on hand to sort out teething problems. Remember,
> > we are thicko custards. A Monday 9am launch would have been more
> > sensible than 10.30 am Friday and then all bugger off to the country
> > for the weekend.  ;-)

> JB has given a longer account of the problem on Drobe.  He has been
> around and has had to deal with two odd problems.

Yes, and many thanks to JB for dedication above and beyond ...

Perhaps Castle will, though, take up the matter with HSBC as a flaky
payment system is not conducive to sales efforts. Often threatening to
take bank accounts elsewhere when such problems persist is the only way
to get the Greedy Banks to sit up and take notice, as I know too well.

And if HSBC take up the blame game ("it's not our fault, it's VISA" or
whatever) it's a sure sign they have lost the Customer Service plot.

These problems also demonstrate the need to provide phone back-up in case
web sales get broken and I stand by my suggestion that Monday am is a far
better time for such launches.

--
Tim Hill,
<URL:http://www.timil.com/>