[iyonix-support] Re: RISC OS dir seeable on PC

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:08:00 +0000

"Andre van den Berg" <avdb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the moment I can ''see'' the ''shared folder'' on my Iyonix but does
> anybody know of a program for the PC that makes it possible to transfer
> data from RISC OS to the PC?

I assume the shared folder you refer to is a ShareFS one, this can't be
used from a PC directly (except with Virtual Risc PC). You either need to
push the file to the PC using !OmniClient, or share a directiory using the
RISC OS smbserver to allow you to pull it from the PC.

> I use RISC OS (RISC PC & Iyonix) for all my publishing work but have to
> mail my dealers -with PDF-files- from the PC with, I hat to admit,
> Outlook.

I can think of no reason on earth why you would need to do this. Any RISC
OS email program is more than capable of sending a PDF file. Even if you
did need to use the PC, there is no excuse for using the abortion that is
Outlook when Gemini (Messenger Pro for Windows and Mac) is available.

http://www.intellegit.com/software/gemini/

Cheers
---Dave

--