[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjamas & Heat - Now sporting wavy verticallines...

  • From: jb <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:23:47 +0100

Hi

[snip]

> Just to let you know that when switching it on, today, the picture is stable
> and without the waving effect I got yesterday, which indicates this may be a
> thermal issue. Should I take the lack of response to indicate that noone has
> experienced something similar with their Iyonix?

Just to let you know your machine will have been run for a min of 16
hours, and possibly over a weekend, before final test and shipping. If
it had exhibited the effect you describe it would certainly have not
been shipped.

The Aria case does have a low speed fan in the outer PCI card position
that exhausts air from the region of the video card heatsink.

Please verify thet the fan is still blowing, and that nothing has
jammed it in transit.  Be aware that the fan does not blow
fiercely/noisily: there should only be a relatively gentle draft from
it.

Thanks

John

[snip]