[iyonix-support] Re: Problems with display

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:29:25 +0100

In message <6d8925944f.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  David W Mills <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip - video streaking]

>Display shows no such problems when connected to the other side.
>(Windows XP)
>
>Is this likely to be a video card problem?

From the (snipped) description it does sound that way.

I would reseat the Iyonix's video card, take it out and put it in again,
mechanical connections can deteriorate over time, a reseat can restore a
conductor to conductor connection without any intervening corrosion.

If that does not help then on the grounds of leaving no stone unturned I
would swap over the inputs to the KVM to verify the KVM is OK and then
swap over the VGA leads.

>If so: What next?

At this point there is nothing for it but to try another card. As this
is with OS5.11 I assume the card is the Castle original. There must be a
fair few of those around doing nothing where users upgraded their cards
as part of the move to OS5.12. There is one such in Brentwood, Essex, if
you are nearby we can try that. No doubt there are others up and down
the country.

--
David Pitt

Using a Castle Iyonix running RISC OS 5.13.