[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 01:11:24 GMT

On 17 Mar, Paul Vigay wrote in message
  <4ec4b99976lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>:

> In article <7ecdb5c44e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In the end, it may be safer for them to just sell their Iyonixes and
> > move away from RISC OS.  I doubt we'll miss them and their childish
> > attitude.
>
> Why? That in itself seems to be a pretty childish attitude.

Because if they wish to expunge Peter Naulls' work from their machines,
that is likely to be the only practical option; just deleting Firefox on
its own won't cut it.  Anyway, where do you stop?  Do you also delete the
software of all the developers who quietly agree with Peter's views?  That
/would/ be a lot of applications gone.

I'd suggest that wanting to delete all of someone's software from your
machine because they write something you don't like in a post on a mailing
list is pretty childish -- no?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/