[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 06:44:17 GMT

In message <9e81bec44e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 17 Mar, Paul Vigay wrote in message
>   <4ec4b99976lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> In article <7ecdb5c44e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > In the end, it may be safer for them to just sell their Iyonixes and
>> > move away from RISC OS.  I doubt we'll miss them and their childish
>> > attitude.
>>
>> Why? That in itself seems to be a pretty childish attitude.
>
> Because if they wish to expunge Peter Naulls' work from their machines,
> that is likely to be the only practical option; just deleting Firefox on
> its own won't cut it.  Anyway, where do you stop?  Do you also delete the
> software of all the developers who quietly agree with Peter's views?  That
> /would/ be a lot of applications gone.
>
> I'd suggest that wanting to delete all of someone's software from your
> machine because they write something you don't like in a post on a mailing
> list is pretty childish -- no?

Instead of removing software I long for Castle to put the clock back
and put into it's case a PC card like the old days. I loved my RIS PC
with it's 486 coprocessor card. To me best of both worlds.

I still hope Peter will come back I guess he knows we need him. If you
are reading this Peter forgive any hurt and fulfil your vision.

Alan