[iyonix-support] Re: Power supply?

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 20:22:25 +0100

In message <4A4F85B6.10307@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I'm no expert, but from what I've read, this seems to point to the power
> supply. Now, considering that I'm an electronic idiot, where do people
> suggest I get a new one from (CJE?), am I likely to be able to fit it
> without mucking up the computer, and are there idiot-proof instructions
> anywhere?

To ensure you get a suitable unit, CJE is probably your best route.
As to fitting, PC power supplies are basically Idiot proof as the
connectors will only fit where they belong, one sort for the
drives/CD's another for the floppy drive, one for the mother board
there may be some legacy plugs left for older PC's, but these will not
fit anywhere.

> /TIA/,

> Best wishes,

> Peter.