[iyonix-support] Re: Options for replacement HDD

  • From: Dave Higton <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 23:45:27 -0800

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:12:41 +0100 I wrote:

> In message <53AC3C93.6080800@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >If their aren't any real faults it needs to be checked if it and the
> >PATA interface really is compatible with RISC OS. At the very minimum
> >you need to do several *Verify commands from the F12 prompt (not a task
> >window) and check that any faults reported are at consistent addresses.
>
> Will do.

I ran *Verify 5 three times in a task window and three times outside
the GUI.  No error reported on any run.

The errors are only reported on write, and have only come up when
attempting to write two very short BASIC files (probably about 25
bytes each).  The addresses are consistent: :5/000000774DA3400 for
one and :5/000000774DA3800 for the other, both followed by a report
of an error at :5/0000000774DA2000.

I assume this means that the block can be read but not written.

One more curious thing: strictly, the situation is that the first
file was already written, but could not be re-written.  But I was
able to delete it.  I was also able to write hundreds more files
last night, generally of much larger sizes.

We're not running into problems of block sizes larger than 512
bytes, are we?

Dave

Protect your computer files with professional cloud backup.
Get PCRx Backup and upload unlimited files automatically.
Learn more at http://backup.pcrx.com/mail