[iyonix-support] Re: Options for replacement HDD

  • From: Julie <julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:21:39 +0100

On 26 Jun, Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For those members of the mailing list who can't read easily HTML only emails
> I've deHTMLed it below.

> I'd be interested to know how manu people this applies to!

> Chris

<snip>

I read the post using Pluto 3.04e on my RISC PC (RISC OS 4.39) (for
historical reasons*), and I've never had any problems reading HTML-only
emails. The HTML comes as an attachment which double-clicks into Netsurf.
What I do have problems with are emails in uucode or base 64; the HTML
attachment appears as printers' pie. However, a little preprocessing with
John Allen's 'Attacher' utility deals with those.

http://www.johnallen.com/soft.html

*It's easier to leave the email system there as we have since acquired,
besides the Panther, a Macbook (sorry!) and a laptop which currently runs
Ubuntu..

--
"We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope
with is therefore your own problem." - Douglas Adams