[iyonix-support] Re: Networking to the RPC

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:40:48 +0100

In message <4e4c283cc5list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          list@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I used to network my Iyonix and RiscPC together with my (Castle)
>network chip. Now on ADSL ('via DHCP') the RPC is left out of the
>network loop. But sometimes I need to move things between the two
>Computers, and I assume this will mean temporarily disconnecting the
>Internet connection. Fair enough.
>
>Could someone please walk me through plugging the RPC back into a
>network connection with the Iyonix?

There seems insufficient information here. How were the machines
originally 'networked' together. What is now in use for ADSL.

I have three RiscOS machines and a laptop networked together here. The
machines are connected to an ADSL router that has four ethernet sockets
plus wireless.

There is no problem in having a mix of DHCP and manually configured
connections. If the RiscPC is pre-Select then only manual configuration
is possible. My RiscPC uses DHCP when running Select 4.37 or manual when
on OS4.04.

The routers I have used allow the range of DHCP offered IP addresses to
be set, any manually set addresses are outside that range.

--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.