[iyonix-support] Re: Mouse not working

  • From: Paul Reuvers <paul@xxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:27:41 +0100

In message <4e4562e8e5barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Barry E Allen <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since I've had the hardware mods done on my fairly old RISC OS 5.11
> Iyonix, about once in every three startups the mouse does not work.
>
> Before the mods were done it never happened.

Was the machine also upgraded to RISC OS 5.11 at the same time?
If so, you might want to check whether you've got the latest release of
!HID. Ensure the latest version of the USBHID module is running by
typing (from the command line):

  *Help USBHID

It should report 0.46.

You might also want to experiment with the setting of 'Init delay' in
!HID/Choices/Installation. A setting of 50 cs works fine for me.

Occasionally, it gets the wrong information from the device. I don't
know why this is happening, but it seems to be caused by the device
itself or by the USB subsystem. Unfortunately there is no way in USB to
determine whether the data read from the device is correct (i.e. no
checksums, etc.).

I've been playing with the thought to read the device descriptor twice
and ensure that both copies are identical before proceeding, but that
would slow down the initialisation process somewhat.

Usually, *USBHID_Refresh should cure it.

Best regards,
--
 Paul Reuvers
 X-Ample Technology