[iyonix-support] Memory diagnostic software?

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:53:22 +0100

Are there any utilities to monitor usage of Lazy Task swapping in RISC OS.

After reporting various issues in the past, such as single pixel horizontal
lines of memory corruption appearing on the backdrop (rectified by turning
LTS off then on again), I've now had LTS turned off for about a week and
not had a single problem in that time.

Because it's been so difficult to narrow the problem down, I'm not sure
which piece(s) of software are possibly causing or contributing to the
issue (possibly DataPower or PhotoDesk), so I was wondering if there's any
way that a utility could monitor lazy task swapping and possibly log what's
going on, to help diagnose what application may be triggering the problems?

This is all using RISC OS 5.13 on a 512MB Iyonix, but I've had the problem
on earlier versions (5.11) of ROS too.