[iyonix-support] Re: London font seems faulty

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:22:33 +0100

Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <gemini.jj7m2q02xfs2a033w.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Quite a lot of my older documents use EFF's London Regular as their
> > > main font. However, at some point in history, this font suddenly
> > > refused to display properly. For some reason, all characters seem to
> > > get replaced by silly top bit characters. When I change to London
> > > OsF, everything looks all right again.
>
> > Its probably an issue with a font encodings file. Anyway this isn't in
> > any way Iyonix specific
>
> I would not be that sure at this stage - the Unicode font manager treats
> encodings rather differently from the way they are treated by the RO3/4/6
> FontManager. So, this specific case might well turn out to be an Iyonix
> issue.

If it worked before on the Iyonix and reinstalling the font does not fix
it, the thing like to have changed is a new encodings file being
introduced, probably from a TTF conversion.

To check if it is an Iyonix issue, remove the current !Fonts, replace with
a clean backup, ensure only ROM fonts and !Fonts are in Font$Path, and
install the problem font once more.

Cheers
---Dave

--