[iyonix-support] Re: London font seems faulty

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:52:14 +0200

In message <gemini.jj7m2q02xfs2a033w.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Quite a lot of my older documents use EFF's London Regular as their main
>> font. However, at some point in history, this font suddenly refused to
>> display properly. For some reason, all characters seem to get replaced by
>> silly top bit characters. When I change to London OsF, everything looks
>> all right again.

> Its probably an issue with a font encodings file. Anyway this isn't in any
> way Iyonix specific

I would not be that sure at this stage - the Unicode font manager
treats encodings rather differently from the way they are treated by
the RO3/4/6 FontManager. So, this specific case might well turn out to
be an Iyonix issue. Let us not get too carried away with fending off
topics to other forums - there are borderline cases and IMHO it does
not do too much harm to discuss them here.

Martin