[iyonix-support] Re: Location of MDF for "Auto" Monitor type

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:04:13 GMT

In message <a94c2d964e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15 Dec 2006 Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd like to change the settings of the display mode in which my Iyonix
>> starts booting.  This is called "Auto" in the pop-up list under
>> Monitor type in the Screen configuration window.  I can't find an MDF
>> for "Auto" within !Boot.  Any ideas?
>
> Auto will default to whatever general type of monitor the computer is
> connected to, which these days will always be a VGA. There isn't an MDF for
> this, you need to choose an MDF from the list provided to gain access to
> higher resolution modes. The Acorn AKF85 is a starting point for monitors up
> to 1280x1204, but if you give details of your monitor we can suggest more
> suitable ones.

I created a suitable MDF for the monitor (Eizo F55) when I bought the
Iyonix in 2003.  It's just that at boot up the initial screen is
oversize and offset to the right.  The implication of your message is
that there is no way round this.  It is trivial, I know, since as Boot
progresses my MDF takes over.  (BTW MonitorType is set to 1)

Regards

--
Andrew Pinder