[iyonix-support] Re: Is a DVD-drive a CD-drive?

  • From: James K White <jacorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:38:44 +0200

In message <5e508dd94e.jacorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          James K White <jacorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4ed92b6b21marthodgson@xxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Hodgson <marthodgson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In article <cd293dd84e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 23 Apr 2007 James K White <jacorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

> [snip]

> I am guessing it is a missing soft-load module in the !Boot sequence.
> Before I upped to 5.13, the boot sequence would hang a good seven
> seconds on !!!!SoftSCSI. Now, the whole boot-up is so quick I can't
> read any of it.
>
> So, to cut out the waffle, what precisely are the modules that work
> DVD? Also, is !HID involved in any way?
>
> James

Adding to this the latest experiment: I remembered that switching on
DHCP in the networking held up booting for ever. Now I can see that
only ~~SoftSCSI appears. No sign of !!!!SoftSCSI.

Recent additions to PreDesk (at the top) are the folder Interim and
!+Resource.

Is !!!!SoftSCSI being ignored?

Help please from an expert...

James