[iyonix-support] Re: Iomega Zip Drive

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:14:48 +0200

In message <4ed2d3b478gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gillian Bobbett <gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you, Ian and Michael, for your suggestions, and Peter for your
> warning.
>
> Ian wrote:
>> Mostly likely is a boot sequence error preventing the SCSI modules
>> this is the case). Another possibility is the device has been configured
>> as hidden.
>
> '*Help SCSISoftUSB' does indeed return 'No help found'
>
> Michael wrote:
>> I presume you have enough unused drive icons for it to be displayed
>
> This prompted me to look at Configuration Discs. I have one CD, one RAM
> and one floppy disc.  In the Configuration Discs window the Conventional
> SCSI option is greyed out.  What should I do to activate this?

Just ignore this option, you will not need it. The fact that it is
greyed out, however, is just another indicator of the abovementioned
boot sequence problem, which is relevant.

Something in your boot sequence causes an error and therefore aborts
the sequence, so essential components are not loaded. We really,
really should have a warning box displayed by the OS when that happens
(as in Select).

The easiest way to find out what causes the problem is to install
Reporter by Martin Avison and ask it to produce a boot log (in its
help documentation, go to "Main facilities", then the bottommost entry
"!Boot").

Martin