[iyonix-support] Re: Iomega Zip Drive

  • From: Michael John Batten <mikebatten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:28:48 +0100

In message <4ed27252a8gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gillian Bobbett <gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an Iomega 250 Zip Drive which I use occasionally for back-ups,
> mainly photographs. It has worked well in the past.
>
> Now when I plug it into the front USB connection on my Iyonix, USBinfo and
> USBKick acknowledge its presence but there is no icon on the iconbar, so I
> cannot access the Zip Discs. This may be a consequence of upgrading to
> USB2.  Is anyone else using an Iomega Zip Drive with USB2?
>
> I would be grateful for any advice.

I have a 750MB Iomega Zip drive which has worked successfully through
all versions of USB on my Iyonix (I now have OS 5.13 which has USB2 in
ROM I believe) and it still works fine.

I presume you have enough unused drive icons for it to be displayed
(max 4), if so then I suspect Ian Hamilton's coments about the boot
sequence are correct. Sorry I can't help any more, I'm not technical
enough for that, but I can confirm that mine works OK.

Regards,

Mike B.