[iyonix-support] Re: Hard drives

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 22:08:22 +0100

In message <gemini.lslkba00e8eri018s.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 5 Oct 2011 Alan Wrigley <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well it's all academic now. I tried a second drive with the same result, and
> a third drive after which my Iyonix won't boot up at all, with or without
> the additional drive.

> So I've had it with this computer. It's been a disaster area since the day I
> got it. For the first couple of years it gave my fingers hours of exercise
> pressing the reset button up to 30 times each morning to get it to start;

I hope you made sure all the hardware upgrades had been done.

> it went through three PSUs in 6 months until I fitted a standard PC
> one; the networking has been useless for a long time;

That's a symptom of a failing PSU.

> and now this.

Are you sure that it isn't due to a failed PSU?  The additional load
from the extra drive may have tipped it over the edge.

> It's time to move on and get an ARMini I think.

I'm intending making that move in the next few months, hopefully
before my Iyonix pegs it.  Talk to Andrew Rawnsley about your specific
needs and see if he can meet them.  Or ask on ARMini Support
//www.freelists.org/list/armini-support

Regards

Andrew

--