[iyonix-support] Re: Hard drives

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 19:03:09 +0100

On 05/10/2011 15:30, Alan Wrigley wrote:
So I've had it with this computer. It's been a disaster area since the day I
got it. For the first couple of years it gave my fingers hours of exercise
pressing the reset button up to 30 times each morning to get it to start; it
went through three PSUs in 6 months until I fitted a standard PC one; the
networking has been useless for a long time; and now this. It's time to move
on and get an ARMini I think.

It really does beg the question on why you persisted for so long with an obviously defective machine, and not asked Castle for a replacement. I've always found Castle very helpful in such cases and more than willing to provide replacement parts until the problem is solved.

Even if that wasn't the case; just because it's RISC OS doesn't mean your statutory rights go out the window!

Cheers
---David
--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx