[iyonix-support] First pyjamas since video card update

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:03:44 GMT

Hi

I upgraded to ROM 5.12 shortly after it was released, but didn't
upgrade my graphics card until the weekend before last. I got
occasional pyjamas with 5.12 and the original card, but since
upgrading the hardware I had not seen the effect, and have had no
failures of the Panther to start - until today.

I switched the machine on at around 18:15 today, and left the room.
When I came back I found a screen with a wide-ish speckled
purple/green check pattern, different from the narrow stripes of the
"old pyjamas".

There was no response to the reset button either - I had to reach
round to the back of the machine to switch it off and on before it
would start.

I don't think it's temperature related - the heating is on and this
room is quite warm.

Any thoughts?
--
Brian Howlett
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?