[iyonix-support] Re: Filer crash

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:20:45 +0100

> I've had a series of oddities on my Iyo over a year or so- which
> I'd 'put-up' with (pyjamas, mostly but also Safestore halting and
> large manual back-up to NAS) but then came the Filer problems with
> need to shut-down and restart.

I've had occasional problems if I did something intensive like a big Pluto
debatch while running SafeStore, but it is always a machine hang, rather
than a filer error.  I now tend to pause SafeStore while doing anything
heavy.

> I replaced the PSU and the Filer problem is one of the oddities I've
> not noticed since

My PSU is relatively new, so not an immediate suspect.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk