[iyonix-support] Re: Filer crash

In article <502138CE.1020806@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can always save even without the Filer, just enter $.Filename into
> the Saver box.

Thanks.  If presented with the problem I would probably have tried typing
in the whole path, but that is easier.

> 1) What 3rd party utilities are running?

Lots, but AFIA they are all things I've been running for years.

>     Many utilities may interfere with the Filer or the machine generally,
>     such as attempting to implement keyboard short cuts for the filer.

Looking in the task list

Application tasks - Iyonix update watcher, SafeStore, Alarm, SpamStamp,
SwiftJPEG, Printer manager, StrongEd, EasiWriter, TempDirectory, Organizer,
SparkFiler, ImageFS2Control, PrintPDF, FireFox Front-End, Netfetch, Hermes,
DrawWorksXL, Pluto, SockStats, NetSurf, StrongMen, Pinboard, Print Spool
Check, Bookmaker, Print Spool.

Module tasks - Task Manager, Display manager, Filer, ADFS Filer, RAM Filer,
Resource Filer, SCSI Filer, CDFS Filer, Share FS, Free, PBFront, FilerHRun,
VProtect, URI, IcnClipBrd, PDumperGP, KeyExtend, CoolSwitch, ButtonBar,
NewsFilter.

A few of those intercept keyboard or mouse messages, but I think I've had
them for ages.  I tend to update things when I discover there is an updated
version (eg in Steve Fryatt's PD column).

>     Is this what you refer to as "basic keyboard short cuts"?

No.  I mean the bog standard shortcuts like F3, F4, CtrlC.  (I can't
guarantee that I have never mis-keyed something.)  I think the one this
morning was when I tried to bring a window to the front, which might have
been with CoolSwitch (AltTab), or might have been by clicking on the window
title bar, I can't remember.

> 2) Are any filer windows open with particular applications in them?

Not that I'm aware of.  I don't normally have any windows open containing
applications.  Apps are either run at boot, run by double clicking a (data)
file, or run from StrongMen.

> 3) Are you using a non built in desktop font?

Desktop Font is Homerton Medium

Regards

--
John Harrison