[iyonix-support] Re: Filer crash

On 07/08/2012 15:49, John Harrison wrote:
Recently I have had quite a few filer crashes.  I get an 'Application may
have gone wrong' message, and when I accept it the filer quits, so I have
to reboot.  Saving the files I am working on works OK, so I haven't lost
any work (though I might if I hadn't previously saved them to establish a
file path).

You can always save even without the Filer, just enter $.Filename into the Saver box.

This seems to happen at random, usually triggered by something simple like
trying to move a window to the front, or issuing a basic keyboard shortcut.

1) What 3rd party utilities are running?

   Many utilities may interfere with the Filer or the machine generally,
   such as attempting to implement keyboard short cuts for the filer.

   Is this what you refer to as "basic keyboard short cuts"?

2) Are any filer windows open with particular applications in them?

   Some applications may have dodgy sprite files, which may cause the
   Filer difficulties immediately or some time after they are first
   seen.

3) Are you using a non built in desktop font?

   Fonts are often a cause of Filer crashes, or whole desktop reverting
   to the system font.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck