[iyonix-support] Re: Clipboard

  • From: James Peacock <j-peacock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:15:38 +0100

Richard Mellish wrote:

> Is a global clipboard available, and if so where is it to be found?
>
> Or is this something that has to be specifically supported by each
> application, and if so is there a list anywhere of which applications do
> support it?

The global clipboard isn't an entity as such. It requires application
support and moves between applications. When you 'copy' to the
clipboard, an application just broadcasts to all others a I've got the
clipboard message. When you 'paste', the application broadcasts a
please send me the clipboard message.

It is reasonably well supported:

James