[iyonix-support] Re: Buffer overflow

  • From: "Ste (PlusNet)" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:27:07 +0000 (GMT)

On 13 Dec, Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed 13 Dec, Malcolm Cowell wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Just got this on cold start up from overnight:
> >
> > Message from Repeat - Buffer overflow.  Clicking OK leads to a normal
> > desktop and apparent normal working.
> >
> > I shut down and restarted after 30 seconds wait and it repeated.
>
> IIRC

You shouldn't have to recall very hard - it was only three weeks ago (23rd
Nov) I gave a full explanation of why this happens to this very group... ;)

Hopefully this will be something that is fixed in the next release of RISC
OS (as well as the Alt-Rename bug which was fixed ages ago but doesn't seem
to have made it into 5.12).

Mind you, once the shared source project is fully underway, these are the
sorts of issues that the more competent programmers out there will be able
to find and fix, which will be of great benefit to the users in general.

Steve

--
Steve @ PlusNet