[iyonix-support] Re: Buffer overflow

  • From: Malcolm Cowell <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:14:56 GMT

In message <358082944e.malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Malcolm Cowell
wrote:

> Hello
>
> Just got this on cold start up from overnight:
>
> Message from Repeat - Buffer overflow.  Clicking OK leads to a normal
> desktop and apparent normal working.
>
> I shut down and restarted after 30 seconds wait and it repeated.
>
> Should I worry? What is the cause? Version 5.11 in an earlyish Iyonix.

Chasing through my own posting - bad form I guess. Having got over
initial panic I've looked in the Freelists archive and seen mention of
"Too many directories in Utilities". I've removed a few and filed a
few into new directories and it's OK now.

If that is all, then no need for further discussion. Thanks.

--
Malcolm Cowell