[iyonix-support] Re: !Bank System

  • From: Harriet Bazley <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:27:18 GMT

On 10 Dec 2006 as I do recall,
          Michael Finlay wrote:

> I am fairly new to the Iyonix. The move over of software has been
> painless with one exception and that is !Bank System,  version 1.35 (2
>
> may 1994), a very frequently-used program by Ricky Dawson which, if I
> remember correctly, came from a magazine disc.
>
> On trying to run this program, the screen blanks with a message:
>
> SW1 name not known @ 19230

Well, what does line 19230 say?   Or is this a BASIC program that has
been crunched to look like machine code?

The most likely possibility to me would be that the program relies on
some module loaded in its !Run file which is not 32-bit compatible and
is being loaded instead by Aemulor - and thus is not accessible to the
main program running as ordinary BASIC.   (The rest would be a case of
careless error trapping.)   What happens if you drag the whole
application to Aemulor?
--
H. Bazley

     If you're feeling good, don't worry.  You'll get over it.